Thursday, July 23, 2015

Callidus Assassin Part 1 - We start with the base.

OK, so hi,  Randy here. coming at you at 5:30 am pst. I've been awake for the past 3 hours. I figured I may as well get used to the schedule of having a certain time that I could work.
So here we go, it all starts with the base.  At least for me anyway. Since these models will be going on to 32mm bases I figured it'd be a good chance to get utilize all the bits I have. I'm very excited about this project. Finally being able to use the kit I bought from Games-Workshop. Yeah so here are some pictures

Starting out with some cork board.  I know, I know, over done, but! My theme is city ruins.  I think this will make perfect broken roads, etc.  This is a 32mm base as well.  I will not be just gluing the Calidus assassin to the base, but pinned - also to keep her from falling off her perch, I will be adding a paperclip rod to keep it from snapping in two while transferring.  Also this is the stage where I plan out everything.  I could be on a tactical squad, tank and or vehicle.  This is the part I love.  Except when it gets hot, then I have to pack everything up lol.





OK - I just clamped them down with a few clamps cause I didn't or don't have any heavy books I could use and these clamps are finally getting work done, I bought them about five years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment